Assistant Professor, Department of Management and Accounting, College of Farabi, University of Tehran, Qom, Iran
Associate Professor, Department of Economics and Management, University of Qom, Qom, Iran
Assistant Professor, College of Farabi, University of Tehran, Iran
MSc of Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran
Document Type : Research Paper
Objective: The main goal of this research is Future Studies of University Sports of Iran
Methodology: In this study, using two future research methods including structural analysis and scenario writing, we first identified the key uncertainties of University Sports of Iran and then developed future scenarios for University Sports of Iran. Initial data were collected using interviews with Collegiate athleticsexperts and reviewing the literature. The questionnaire was analyzed by using the Mic-Mac software.
Results: Of the seventeen effective factors, ten important factors were identified and by analyzing the Mic-Mac software, finally, two key factors of financial, economic and lifestyle support were identified. Based on these factors, four scenarios were identified using the Wizard scenario software and Cross Impact Matrix. These scenarios include the age of happiness, the world of indifference, the lazy world and the depressed world.
Conclusion: In the age of happiness scenario, which shows the best situation, high financial support and a good lifestyle lead to a good future for college sports. The depressed world scenario also illustrates the worst situation in which underfunding, inadequate infrastructure, and lack of culture for a dynamic life style lead youth and students to not exercising. By identifying the best and most desirable future, current programs can drive that realization.
- Crews, Christian (2010), “The Foresight Process: Futures Studies and Scenario Planning”, Research Technology Management, 53(5), 65-67.
- Devecioglu S, Sahan H, Yildiz M, Tekin M. (2012) Examination of Socialization Levels of University Students Engaging in Individual and Team Sports, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences; (46):326–330.
- Emami, S., Heydarinejad, S., SHafieniya, P. (2014). Analysis of the motivational factors of student participation in the sports activities of the university. Research on educational sport, 5(16), 65-80. ]Persian[
- Godet, Michel; Durance, Philippe; Gerber, Adam (2008). Strategic Foresight La Prospective Use and Misuse of Scenario Building. LIPSOR Working Paper (#10), Paris.
- Gregg, E. A., & Gregg, V. H. (2017). Women in Sport: Historical Perspectives. Clinics in sports medicine, 36(4), 603-610.
- Hamidi. M., Akbari. A. R. Yazdi. H., Hamidi. M. (2012). Student Sports of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Perspectives and Development Strategies. Sport Management journal, 12, 13-26. (Persian)
- poor kiani. M., jami ahmadi. A., Afroozeh. A. (2017). Determine affecting factors on increasing students’ Physical activity participation. Research on educational sport, 5(12), 97-114. ]Persian[
- Jami Alahmadi A. (2014). Determine the factors affecting the institutionalization of the students in physical activity and outlines: case study Universities of Tehran [thesis]. Tehran, Shahid Beheshti University. ]Persian[
- Kalateh. M., Kozehchian. H., Ehsani. M., Hosseini. Y. (2014). Designing and explaining the model of student volunteering in student sport: A case study: Sports volunteers at Tehran State Universities. Research on educational sport. 6, 33-50. ]Persian[Maleki. M. M., Fathi. M. R., (2017). Future Study of Decision Models in Business Using Scenario Planning Approach. Journal of Future Management Studies, 28(108), 33-50. ]Persian[
- Manafi. F, Ramazaninejad. R, Gohar rostami. H, Pourkiyani. M. (2016). The sport participation development in the Iran's public universities. Research on Educational Sport, 9: 65-90. ]Persian[
- Ministry of Sports and Youth. (2016). Report of the sixth program of economic, social and cultural development of sport.
- Mirzazadeh. Z, Shajie. K. (2017). Designinig and development strategic plan of university sport (case study:Physical Education Office of ferdowsi University). Research on educational sport, 5(12), 61-78. ]Persian[
- Mohammadi.A. Kalatehsefari.M., Farzan.F.,Razavi.M.H.(2018). Designing Paradigmatic Pattern of Sport Technical and Vocational Based on Grounded Theory. Research on educational sport, 5(13), 215-230. ]Persian[
- Morgan, P. J., Young, M. D., Smith, J. J., & Lubans, D. R. (2016). Targeted health behavior interventions promoting physical activity: a conceptual model. Exercise and sport sciences reviews, 71-80, (2) 44.
- Mozafari M A, Safania A M. (2004). The way of spending leisure time of Islamic Azad university students insisting in sport activities. Quarterly Olympic. 12(1): 117-26. ]Persian[
- Nazariyan Madouni. A., Ramezani. A. R. (2013). Assessment of barriers and strategies for the development of the contribution of sports activities to leisure students. Research on educational sport. 3, 13-28. (Persian)
- Ramezani. M., Andam. R., Aghaiee. A. A. (2013). Designing a Strategic Plan for Physical Education at Shahrood University. Research on educational sport 3(7) 15-40. ]Persian[
- Rezvani Asl. V. (2015). Investment Future Studies and Profitability in Qom Province's Housing Industry. Master's Thesis, management faculty, Institute for Management and Planning Education and Research. ]Persian[
- Sallis J F, Cervero R B, Ascher W, Henderson K A, Kraft M K, Kerr J. (2006 Apr). An ecological approach to creating active living communities. Annu Rev Public Health. 27: 297-322.
- Taghvaii, M., Hossenikhah, H. (2018). Tourism Development Planning Based on Futures Studies and Scenario Case Study. Journal of Tourism Planning and Development, 6(23), 8-30. ]Persian[
- Talebpour. M., Sahebkaran. M.A., Mosala Nejad. M., Rajabi. M. (2016). Comparison Study to the Factors Affecting on Institutionalization of Sport among Students (Case Study of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad). Research on educational sport, 4(11), 55-70. ]Persian[
- Walsh, P. R. (2005). Dealing with the uncertainties of environmental change by adding scenario planning to the strategy reformulation equation. Management Decision, 43(1), 113-122.
- World Health Organization. (2018). the world health report 2018: prevalence of overweight among adult, ages 18+, both sexes, 1975- 2016. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/gho/ncd/risk_factors/overweigh
- Hassanipour Azgomi S, Fathalipour M, Daryabeigi Khotbesara R, Soheili azad A. Prevalence of obesity and overweight in students of Tehran University of medical sciences in 2015 (2017). Journal of Torbat Heydariyeh University of Medical Sciences. 4(4), 40-45.
- Hosseini, E., Pourkiani, M., Jami Alahmadi, M., Afroozeh, A.(2016). Determine Affecting Factors on Increasing Students’ . Physical Activity Participation. 12, 97-114.