PhD sport management department of physical education and health / ministry of education
Professor of Sport Management university of guilan
Associate Professor at university of guilan
Document Type : Research Paper
Objective: The aim of this study is to provide a framework with a focus on self-financing basis for grassroots sport federations.
Methodology: Qualitative research method in which to answer the research questions grounded theory method is used. Data collection methods such as interviews, observation and document review were conducted. The study population included all scholars, managers and experts formed to deal with the issue of financing. According to the method of Grounded-theory, theoretical sampling was done. Analyze data using a three-stage open coding, axial and selective using version 5.2 software Atlas.Ti was done.
Results After open coding, the categories of causal conditions, underlying conditions, and consequences, financial self-sufficiency strategies based grassroots sports federations were extracted. Then in the axial and selective coding, the links between these categories were determined in a paradigmatic model study and final theory took shape.
Conclusion: Based on the results, limitations on the funding of sports federations have happened under the influence of various conditions that are expected to be desirable. It seems that, using the strategies found in the model, ideal situation and consequences such as increasing access to financing channels and increasing the efficiency and cost recovery will be achieved.
- Ø Bohm, A. (2004). Theoretical Coding: Text Analysis in Grounded Theory. In U. Flick, E. Kardorff & I. Steinke (Eds.), a companion to qualitative research. 270-275. London: SAGE Publications.
- Ø Danaefard. H, Alvani. M, Azar. A (2005). Qualitative Research Methodology in Management: A Comprehensive Approach. 1th publication, Tehran, Safar. (Persian)
- Ø Ehsani, M (2009). Study the professional sport in Iran, the national congress of sport management, Naional Olympic committee of Iran. (Persian)
- Ø Goulding, C. (2002). Grounded theory: A practical guide for management, business and market researchers: London: Sage.
- Ø Holt, N. L, & Tamminen. K. A. (2010). Grounded theory research in sport and exercise psychology. Psychology of Sport and Exercise. 11: 405-413.
- Ø Hull, C. E. and Lio, B. H., 2006, “Innovation in non-profit and for profit organizations: Visionary, strategic, and financial considerations”, Journal of Change Management, 6(1): 53-65.
- Ø Guba, E. G., & Lincoln, Y. S (1994). Competing paradigms in qualitative research. In N. K. Denzin & Y. S. Lincoln (Eds). Handbook of qualitative research.105-115. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Ø Maxwell, J. A. (1996).Qualitative research design: An interactive approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Ø Morse, J. M. (2000). Determining sample size. Qualitative Health Research, 10 3-5.
- Ø Norberg, J. R., 1997, “A mutual dependency: Nordic sports organizations and the state”, International Journal of the History of Sport, 14(3): 115-135.
- Ø Paré, Guy (2004) "Investigating Information Systems with Positivist Case Research,"Communications of the Association for Information Systems13 (17).
- Ø Parvizy, S, Majidi, M., and Adib Haj Bagheri, M. Qualitative research methods. Tehran, publishing and promoting human 1389. (Persian)
- Ø Physical education organization (2004). Master plan of sport. Detailed studies of financial resources development. (Persian)
- Ø Randolph, J. J. (2008). Online Kappa Calculator [Computer software]. Retrieved January 31.2015.
- Ø Sandler, M.W. and Hudson, D. H., (1998), Beyond the bottom line: How to do more with less in nonprofit and public organizations, Oxford University Press, New York.
- Ø Siegel, S. Castellan, J. N. (1998). Nonparametric statistics for the behavioral sciences. 2nd edition.
- Ø Stewart, B. (2015). Sport funding and finace. Routledge.
- Ø Stewart, B. (2007). Sport funding and finace. Routledge.
- Ø Struss. A, Corbin. J (1990). Fundamentals of Qualitative Research: Techniques and Processes of Grounded Theory. Translated by Afshar. E, Tehran. Ney publication. (Persian)
- Ø Thibault, L., Slack T. and Hinings, B., (1993), “A framework for the analysis of strategy in non-profit sport organizations”, Journal of Sport Management, 7: 25-43.
- Ø Torabzadeh. M.S, Sajadieh. M. R, Samienasab. M (2014). Study the dimension and factors of Resistive Economy in thought of Ayatollah Khamenei, Journal of Islamic Revolution Studies 32, 31-46. (Persian)
- Winand, M., Zintz, T., Scheerder, J., 2010, a Financial Management Tool for Sport Federations, University of Stirling, 7(4): 387-403