Ph.D. in Sport Management, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran, Iran
1. Ph.D. Student in Sport Management, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran
Associate Professor, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran
Ph.D. Student of Sport Management Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Document Type : Research Paper
Objective: The present research surveyed the effect of advertisement color and environmental guidance marks on Tabriz simultaneous chess players
Methodology: The research was descriptive-survey and data were collected on field. The instrument was an author-made questionnaire approved by professors and experts. The statistical population was all 700 players of Tabriz simultaneous chess competition and sample population was 248 according to Morgan sampling chart. The face reliability of the author-made questionnaire was approved by sport management and chess professors and the validity was 0.783 using Cronbach Alpha Coefficient test.
Results: The findings showed that all of the colors including warm and cold colors had effect on player’s attention. Also, the pink, turquois, yellow, red, green, blue silver and orange colors have effect on attention, respectively. The results showed that different colors had effect on “Attention”, “Interest”, “Desire” and “Action”.
Conclusion: For best performance, it should be better to pay attention of the environmental colors in chess competitions.
- Andrews, J., & Smith, D.C. (1996). In search of the marketing imagination: Factors affecting the creativity of marketing programs for mature products, Journal of Marketing Research, 33: 87-174.
- Atkinson, RL & Atkinson, RC. (1999). Hilgard's Introduction to Psychology. International Thomson Publishing.
- Farzan, N. (2005). The Art of Painting: Part of the knowledge of colors. second edition. Tehran, Tehran Publishers. [Persian]
- Ganog, W. F. (1991). Generalities of Medical Physiology, translated by Farrokh Shadan and Fereshteh Motamedi. First Edition, Tehran, Chehr Publications. [Persian]
- Garber, L.L & Hyatt, E.M. (Eds.). (2000). Color as a Tool for Visual Persuasion, in Batra, R. and Scott, L.M., Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Grossman, P.R., & Wisenblit, Z.J. (1999). What We Know about Consumers’ Color Choices, Journal of Marketing Practice: Applied Marketing Science, 5(3): 78-88.
- Guyton, A. (1989). Medical Physiology, translated by Farrokh Shadan, first edition of Tehran, Chehr Publications. [Persian]
- Hall-Zazueta F. (2011). The effect of screen background color on reaction time. California state science fair. Project Number j0705.
- Hatta, T; Yoshida, H; Kawakami, A & Okamoto, M. (2002). Color of computer display frame in work performance, mood, and physiological response. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 94(1): 39-46.
- Hettiarachchi, A. A & Silva, N. D. (2012). Color associated emotional and behavioral responses: A study on the associations emerged via imagination. Built - Environment - Sri Lanka, 11(1): 21-27.
- Itten, J. (2009). Elements of color, translated by Behrouz Jaleh Dostsani. Ninth edition. Tehran, Afaf Publications. [Persian]
- Jansen-Osmann, P & Wiedenbauer, G. (2004). Way finding Performance in and the Spatial Knowledge of a Color-coded Building for Adults and Children. Spatial Cognition and Computation, 4(4): 337-358.
- Khajoei Ravari, E., Farokhi, A., Abas Gholi, A., Karshenas Najaf Abadi, N., Soheilipour, S. (2013). The Effect of Environmental Color on Simple Reaction Time to Auditory Stimulus. Journal of Motor Learning and Movement, 5(3(13)), 27-40. [Persian]
- LeGrice, M. (2001). Experimental cinema in the digital age. London: British Film Institute.
- Lohse, G.L., & Rosen, D.L. (2001). Signaling Quality and Credibility in yellow pages advertising: The Influence of Color and Graphics on Choice, Journal of Advertising, 30(2): 73-85.
- Najafian, M & Ketabi, S. (2011). Advertising social Semiotic representation: A critical approach. International journal of industrial marketing, 1 (1): 63-78.
- Okkes A. Gencay & Suat Karakucuk. (2014). Colors and Cultural Interactions in the Turkish Sport Clubs. By U.S. Sports Academy in Contemporary Sports Issues, Sports Management, Sports Studies and Sports Psychology.
- Sage, G. (2000). Learning and motor control from the perspective of neuropsychology, translated by Hassan Mortazavi, first edition, Tehran, Sanboleh Publications. [Persian]
- Sarmad Saeedi, S; Saffar, R. (2010). The effect of colors in advertising. Business Management Quarterly, 2 (7): 123-99. [Persian]
- Skinner, N. F. (2004). Differential Test Performance from Differently Colored Paper: White Paper Works Best. Teaching of Psychology, 31(2): 111-113.